Join MVCAC Executive Director, artist, and three-time Arts Fest award winner Brenda Chrystie for this 5-session course over 6 weeks where you'll work from live models, still life, and your photographs. (Note: future courses will be 6-sessions over 6 weeks.)
Register before September 6th to receive a discount:
$140 for MVCAC Members
$150 for Non-members (Hint: MVCAC membership is only $25 for 12 months)
After September 6th, pre-registration prices for the entire session will increase by $25.
Drop-in classes are $35 each, or $175 for the five sessions.
Fees include model fees, easels, facility and instruction only. Instruction will be very casual and on an as-needed or requested basis.
Here are supplies to have in mind:
- Oil and/or chalk pastels;
- Assorted drawing pencils and erasers;
- Charcoal, chamois, stumps, etc.;
- Watercolors, acrylics, oils (w/non-smelly thinners) - your choice;
- Container for your supplies and others for water, thinner, etc.; and
- Assorted paper (newsprint, rag, etc.), and painting substrate pertinent to your choice of painting medium and style.
Class time will include quick gesture, value and color studies followed by painting.